We are recruiting a social justice-oriented candidate to play a lead role in a 14 month project to support transformative changes and build capacity of members of the Ottawa Community Food Partnership. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in food security issues and is at ease developing and supporting relationships across a number of stakeholder groups. The Coordinator will work both independently and in collaboration with our team, helping to drive multi-faceted projects forward. The position will be based out of the Parkdale Food Centre location with frequent travel and work at other sites throughout the network.
- Coordinating internal communications within the partnership to ensure members are informed of member news, programming, challenges, and desired training/support.
- Ensuring grant management and reporting occurs in a timely fashion
- Reviewing and directing communications activities relating to the partnership
- Ensure the deliverables of active grants are met; including:
- Coordinating collaborative training opportunities;
- Creating tools for collective advocacy work;
- Identifying tools and facilitating partnerships for donations of fresh food;
- Increasing fundraising capacity and donor communication tools;
- Developing partnerships to support gleaning
- Supporting members in:
- Developing Good Food Policies
- Procuring infrastructure for perishable foods and processing
- Integrating more demos/workshops/gardens
- Experience in community-based/non-profit organizations with direct experience planning or coordinating program operations.
- Demonstrated capacity to develop a network with multiple partners;
- Demonstrated knowledge of online tools to support learning, community-building, and mobilization.
- Keen attention to detail and strong organizational abilities.
- Leadership and initiative, tact, diplomacy, and creativity.
- Strong interest in community food security
- Strong coalition-building and facilitation skills
- A flexible and collaborative spirit
- Excellent oral and written communication
- G Class Drivers License and use of personal vehicle
This position is part-time (21 hours per week) compensated at an annual salary range of $40,000 – $44,000 pro-rated.
To apply please send your CV and Cover Letter to Alissa Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, be sure to tell us your professional goals and share with us your approach to facilitating organizational change. The deadline to apply in Sunday May 12th