Vision: At the Parkdale Food Centre, we believe in an Ottawa where everyone has the means and opportunity to live a healthy, connected, and fulfilling life.
Mission: To build healthier, more connected neighbours and neighbourhoods through good food, innovative community partnerships, and by challenging inequalities in order to create lasting impacts.
- Nutritious, wholesome food is a basic human right, and is fundamental to building positive physical, mental, and emotional health.
- Everyone, regardless of their economic means, age, gender, abilities, or ethnicity, deserves to be treated with dignity and respect.
- A physically and emotionally safe environment is key to building strong communities.
- Positive social change happens one person at a time.
- Partnerships create strong communities.
- It is our responsibility to challenge inequalities and raise awareness.
- Creativity and innovation are to be encouraged and embraced.
- Engaged staff and volunteers are vital to our success
- Being a leader, and encouraging leadership in others, will create momentum and growth.
We are a registered not-for profit charity staffed by a small team of dedicated staff who are supported by a large base of energetic volunteers and a network of community partners who share our vision of building healthier, more connected communities through good food and friendship.
The Board of Directors of the Parkdale Food Centre is composed entirely of volunteers.
The 2016 Chair of the Board is Len Fardella. Learn more about our Board.
The Parkdale Food Centre is very grateful to the many organizations and individuals who support us with food donations and financial contributions.
To download a pdf copy of 2017’s report, click here: Annual Report 2017.