Do you believe that healthy food is a human right, and that food can be a powerful tool for creating resilient, connected people and neighbourhoods? Parkdale Food Centre is looking for a dynamic team member to lead the onboarding of food donors and social service agencies to expand Foodrescue.ca throughout Ottawa, in partnership with Second Harvest.
The Food Rescue Coordinator will be responsible for engaging food donors (including retailers, restaurants and other food service businesses) and social service organisations that require food (this could range from emergency food service providers to organisations that simply want to supplement snacks) within the City of Ottawa in recovering food utilizing the Foodrescue.ca platform. The Coordinator will also train donor and receiving agency employees and volunteers on best practice use of Foodrescue.ca. We are looking for a candidate with an outgoing personality, able to communicate clearly and enthusiastically with a wide variety of people to gain support for food rescue.
- Cultivate, nurture, and build positive relationships with food businesses and social service agencies in order to solicit participation in the Food Rescue Program
- Visit participating donors and recipients to provide technical support, onboarding, training and problem-solving
- Support the planning and coordination of activities for this new program
- Collect and maintain accurate records of activities and submit monthly reports
- Identify and evaluate risks associated with program activities and take appropriate action
- Build ongoing relationships with agencies to further expand food rescue
Experience, skills and qualifications:
- Experience with program management and implementation (2+ years)
- Experience working with community social service agencies or in the non-profit sector
- Experience building and maintaining relationships across a large cross-section of partners
- Experience with monthly and quarterly reporting and excellent record keeping; the preferred candidate will be able to demonstrate a professional history of having done similar work.
- Demonstration of volunteer management
- Knowledge of Ottawa’s food, farming and restaurant community
- Outstanding ability to work independently
- Aptitude for technology with willingness to patiently educate others on functionality
- Skills in providing training
- Valid Class G driver’s license with access to vehicle that can be used for frequent travel (mileage compensated)
- As passion for food justice and environmentalism
The following would be an asset for this position:
- Sales experience within the food industry
- Safe Food Handling Certification
This position is a full-time, 8-month contract with funding until 31 December 2019. The nature of work means that the Coordinator must be able to work some flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as required. The person should be ready to start ASAP.
Compensation: $39,000 – $40,000 annually commensurate with experience
Interested applicants may forward their resume and cover letter in confidence no later than Friday March 29, 2019 to email@example.com
Parkdale Food Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants considered for an interview will be contacted.