Thank you for your interest in the Parkdale Food Centre! With the Global Covid-19 pandemic a lot has changed for us and our dedicated volunteers at PFC, but we have worked very hard to ensure that when our valued volunteers return or join us for the first time it is done safely. This meeting will talk about PFC and who we are as as an organization, our response to Covid-19 and the current volunteer needs. The next virtual meeting/information session will be on Monday September 21 from 6:30pm-8pm. Attending a virtual meeting is required to volunteer at PFC.
If you would like more information please register for our online information session here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/september-pfc-food-bank-volunteer-meeting-tickets-119619714787
If you have any other questions email: firstname.lastname@example.org
As a volunteer you become an ambassador for PFC in your community. Together our team recognize that:
- Nutritious, wholesome food is a basic human right, and is fundamental to building positive physical, mental, and emotional health.
- Everyone, regardless of their economic means, age, gender, abilities, or ethnicity, deserves to be treated with dignity and respect.
- A physically and emotionally safe environment is key to building strong communities.
- Positive social change happens one person at a time.
- Partnerships create strong communities.
- It is our responsibility to challenge inequalities and raise awareness.
- Creativity and innovation are to be encouraged and embraced.
- Engaged staff and volunteers are vital to our success
- Being a leader, and encouraging leadership in others, will create momentum and growth.
There are many volunteer opportunities at PFC – you make the most of it! Most of our regular shifts are during the day time, Monday – Thursday from 9am-3pm, during which you may be involved in helping with any of the following activities:
- Preparing food orders
- Unloading deliveries
- Sorting and packaging food
- Shopping for our neighbours @ PFC
- Delivering Grocery Orders
After hours, many volunteers participate in fundraising and community events, or serve on our advocacy committee.
Volunteers can also create their own place at PFC, and often this is most rewarding. Love helping with resumes? Have a knack for social media and blog writing? Creating resources? Tell us!