Volunteer with PFC
Volunteers are Community Ambassadors.
Collectively, we share the belief that:
1. Food is a basic human right, and is fundamental to physical, mental, and emotional health.
2. Everyone, regardless of their economic means, age, gender, abilities, or ethnicity, deserves to be treated with dignity and respect.
3. A physically and emotionally safe environment is key to building strong communities.
4. Positive social change happens one person at a time.
5. Partnerships create strong communities.
6. It is our responsibility to challenge inequalities and raise awareness.
7. Creativity and innovation are to be encouraged and embraced.
8. Engaged staff and volunteers are vital to our success
9. Being a leader, and encouraging leadership in others, will create momentum and growth.
Looking to volunteer? We are hosting our summer volunteer orientation on Monday, July 10 at 11am.
If you’re interested in joining us RSVP below!
Volunteer opportunities at PFC
Most of our regular shifts are Monday – Friday from 9am-2pm, during which you may be involved in helping with any of the following activities:
Preparing food orders
Sorting and packaging food
Shopping with Neighbours
Delivering groceries and Food Rescue
After hours, many Volunteers participate in fundraising and community events or support our Advocacy work.
Sign up for Community Kitchen: https://app.initlive.com:443/JE/8mmia19giug33v
Sign Up for Community Programs: https://app.initlive.com:443/JE/69avaddjjx74td
Sign up for Mino’Weesini Grocery Program: https://app.initlive.com:443/JE/0oqf6c07adsz7s