The Board of Directors for the Parkdale Food Centre is pleased to extend an invitation for your presence at the Annual General Meeting scheduled for Wednesday, May 3rd, 2017 at 7:00p.m. at the Hintonburg Community Centre 1064 Wellington St W, Ottawa ON.
Registration will commence at 6.00 p.m., followed by the Annual General Meeting at 7.00 p.m.
Karen Secord (Manager of Parkdale Food Centre)
To RSVP, click here.
To download a membership form (for voting rights), click here.
Vision: At the Parkdale Food Centre, we believe in an Ottawa where everyone has the means and opportunity to live a healthy, connected, and fulfilling life.
Mission: To build healthier, more connected neighbours and neighbourhoods through good food, innovative community partnerships, and by challenging inequalities in order to create lasting impacts.
- Nutritious, wholesome food is a basic human right, and is fundamental to building positive physical, mental, and emotional health.
- Everyone, regardless of their economic means, age, gender, abilities, or ethnicity, deserves to be treated with dignity and respect.
- A physically and emotionally safe environment is key to building strong communities.
- Positive social change happens one person at a time.
- Partnerships create strong communities.
- It is our responsibility to challenge inequalities and raise awareness.
- Creativity and innovation are to be encouraged and embraced.
- Engaged staff and volunteers are vital to our success
- Being a leader, and encouraging leadership in others, will create momentum and growth.
We are a registered not-for profit charity staffed by a small team of dedicated staff who are supported by a large base of energetic volunteers and a network of community partners who share our vision of building healthier, more connected communities through good food and friendship.
To keep up with us, please subscribe to the Fresh Press (our email newsletter).