A great new event is happening in our community! The All About Food Community Walkathon is taking place on Sunday, October 18, 2015. Join your family, friends, neighbours, and a number of great organizations for a 2.5km walk in our community to help fund various food programs at the participating organizations.
All proceeds from this Walkathon will help fund the various food programs at these participating organizations:
- St Luke’s Table (Reg #108084658RR0030)
- Parkdale Food Centre (Reg # 889365003RR0001)
- Parkdale United Church-In From the Cold | (Reg # 107815201RR0001)
- Dalhousie Food Cupboard (Reg # 135775500RR0001)
Cash donations at this multi-agency event will be divided equally between the organizations, or donations can be made by cheque to a specific organization from the list above. A tax receipt will be issued for all donations of $20.00 or more. Thank you!
Sunday, October 18th, 2015. Rain or shine!
- 12:30 PM – Registration & Pledge Form Drop Off @ St-Luke’s Table
- 1:00 PM – Depart from St Luke’s Table (760 Somerset Street West)
- Pit Stop – Parkdale Food Centre at 30 Rosemount Avenue
- Final Stop (3:00PM) – Parkdale United Church at 429 Parkdale Avenue
Maps will be provided at the starting point, and volunteers will guide you along the way if needed. Agency information and tours will be provided so you can learn more about the important work that we do. Information about the Dalhousie Food Cupboard will be available at St Luke’s Table. Refreshments will be provided!
Interested in participating? Download the pledge form, collect pledges, and mark your calendars!