If you are interested in this role, please submit resume and cover letter to us at firstname.lastname@example.org before end of day Wednesday December 9, 2015
As the PFC Coordinator, you will support the work of the Manager, providing administrative and coordination assistance. You will be responsible for coordinating required activities to ensure smooth and efficient operation of the Centres’ programs, including the emergency food program. This will include volunteer coordination as well as reviewing office procedures and implementation of new ones.
Operations, Logistics & Coordination
- Coordinates required activities to ensure smooth and efficient operation of the Centres’ programs, including the emergency food program.This could include but is not limited to:
- Ordering and ensuring deliveries of food from the Ottawa Food Bank
- Coordinating the distribution of food
- Coordinating the logistics required for cooking workshops, or special events and activities (such as Hidden Harvest or Farm Gleaning)
- Conduct analyses and oversee administrative operations related to specific Centre programs which may include budgeting, contracting and project planning and management processes
- Provide an open, friendly, welcoming and warm environment for all PFC volunteers
- Coordinates volunteer program, including identifying volunteer requirements, training volunteers, scheduling volunteers, problem solving volunteer issues, supervising volunteers as required
Financial & Fundraising Support
- Ensures all financial receipts are entered into financial management systems in a timely and efficient manner
- Coordinates outgoing payments
- Liaises with Board Treasurer
- Assists with fundraising efforts, including events or funding proposals
- Oversees collection and input of all Centre data – including volunteer, client and other. Ensure data is being collected appropriately, efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Oversees and co-ordinates office administrative procedures and review, evaluate and implement new procedures
- Assemble data and prepare periodic and special reports, manuals and correspondence
- Maintains accessible materials outlining Centre procedures, such as a binder of kitchen procedures
- When asked, records minutes of meetings and distributes minutes appropriately
- Answers incoming correspondence (phone calls, mail, emails) on the office main line
- Ensures that the Centre is kept neat and tidy
- Require a Secondary School Diploma and a Post-secondary college or university degree is preferred or equivalent experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
- Familiarity with Google products – Gmail, Docs and Drive is preferred
- This is a detail-oriented role, requiring patience and perseverance. Strong prioritization, planning and organization skills
- Ability to work in a confidential environment
- Availability to work a flexible schedule
- Must have a valid drivers licence and be approved for driving the PFC Van. Otherwise, access to a car is required.
- Must be a good communicator. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing experiences, needs, and suggestions.
- Must have a good understanding of the challenges faced by vulnerable populations and/or those living in poverty and a desire to work with them.
- Part-time work. Minimum of 17 hours per week. Will require more hours during the month of February when the Manager is away.
- The exact hours of work will be determined in consultation with the Manager
- Some evening and weekend work may be required.
- Rate of $16.21/hr
- The contract will be from January 2016 to December 1, 2016. There is a possibility of renewal at the end of the contract.
Please submit resume and cover letter to us at email@example.com before end of day Wednesday December 9, 2015.